Friday, November 26, 2010

Immigration

For my final topic, I have decided to embark on the issue of immigration. This issue has plagued America for many years, and there still doesn't seem to be a good solution. I want to explore certain aspects that people don't always think about-- for example I want to visit the topic of Enrique's Journey, and elaborate on how often times as Americans, we see these illegal immigrants as faceless people who are invading our country and offsetting the economic balance, but we have to also remember that these people are human beings. I also want to revisit an old program (The Bracero Program) which ended in 1964, which enabled Mexican workers to LEGALLY work farms in America seasonally, and would return to their families when the harvesting season was over.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting topic especially considering all the information we learned during Sonia Nazario's presentation. I feel that the issues must be viewed from many different angles. You should also explore the topic of what it truly means to be "American" to individuals(esp. considering the fact that we are technically all immigrants).

    ReplyDelete